[Mailman-Users] Re: Double Opt-In?

Will Yardley william+mm at hq.newdream.net
Mon Jul 15 05:23:47 CEST 2002

David Gibbs wrote:
> "Michael Keukert" <pmk at scp.de> wrote in message
> news:3D2E9F0F33A.BA33PMK at mail.scp.de...

> > I'm using Smartlist at the moment, but I need a mailing list manager
> > which provides double opt-in features.
> > Does Mailman has it?
>
> Based on the definition of double opt-in that someone pointed me to, I would
> say the answer is yes.

Note that "double opt-in" is a loaded term, used mostly by spammers.
ALL opt-in that's actually "opt-in" is confirmed.... 'confirmed opt-in'
is also a good term.

I can't connect to it right now, but there is a more detailed
explanation of the term (and the anti-spam community's objections to it)
at:
http://www.spamfaq.net/

--
Will Yardley