[Mailman-Users] How to add easy unsubscribe message?

Steven Shults hostmaster at shults.org
Fri Jun 7 03:53:13 CEST 2002

send an email to yourlistname-request at yourdomain.tld with the word
'help' in the subject or body.

(where 'listname' is the name of your list and 'yourdomain.tld' is the
domain name used by your list)

mailman will reply with a list of email commands and their syntax, one
of which is 'unsubscribe'

also, if you have a look at full headers for the list, there's a mailto:
link already built in which users can click on to unsubscribe.  you can
duplicate that link in your footer if you want it to be seen by people
who choose not to view full headers or in mailclients which make them
hard to find (see X-mailer in the headers of this message for an example
of one such crappy mail client ;)

~steven 'uh-oh I think I'm hooked on this list' shults