[Mailman-Users] No date header on outgoing mail

Chris Snyder csnyder at mvpsoft.com
Wed Mar 6 00:47:15 CET 2002

I've just set up Mailman on a Linux box using Qmail as the MTA, but am
running into a problem with the date header on Mailman-generated mail
(subscribe info, etc.).  Mailman does not add a date header, and qmail
does not add a date header on mail received via SMTP - only sendmail.
 This causes the date in my mail client (Mozilla) to be displayed as
12/31/69.  This seems to be more a fault of Mailman than Qmail - the MUA
(in this case Mailman) should add the date, not the MTA.  I could tell
Mailman to use the Sendmail delivery, though I do not want to because of
the security issues mentioned.  What other options do I have?  Is there
a configuration item I'm missing, or will this need to be changed in the
code?  Thanks in advance.