[Mailman-Users] Mailman Admin Woes

Phillip Hofmeister plhofmei at svsu.edu
Sun Mar 24 04:53:12 CET 2002

Is there anything particular that needs to be done with mailman to make it work?  I've used newlist to make the list and I can log in to the list manager area but when I make changes (submit your changes) a screen comes up asking me for my password again, when I enter it none of the changes are made.  Furthermore when I go to subscribe myself to the list (on the listinfo) the server returns a 405 error saying the resources are not allocated.  The real strange part is, if I connect using lynx over the loopback, it works just fine.  I've narrowed down the problem to the fact it is only providing a cookie to someone who connects over the loopback.  When I try to connect from IE on another machine it never offers me a cookie (I have prompt on cookie request and prompt on per-session cookie request enabled).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil