[Mailman-Users] Need assistance...

Matt Tourtillott matt at marketrends.net
Sat Mar 23 14:08:08 CET 2002

Hello Mailman Support,

I have just installed mailman-2.1b1 on a FBSD 4.5 server running sendmail.
It looks like all is good except for linking sendmails alias to the mailman
program.

In your example you show this in your mm-handler

## Simulates these aliases:
## testlist:                "|/opt/pkgs/mailman/mail/wrapper post testlist"
## testlist-admin:          "|/opt/pkgs/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
testlist"
## testlist-request:        "|/opt/pkgs/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd
testlist"
## owner-testlist:          testlist-admin
## testlist-owner:          testlist-admin

So I used this in my aliases file and then discovered that I don't have a
wrapper file in my /home/mailman/mail/ folder but rather a file called
mailman.  So I changed the name in my aliases from wrapper to mailman and I
now get these message.
-------------------------------
Illegal command: mailowner
554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman mailowner test"... unknown mailer
error 6

Illegal command: mailcmd
554 5.3.0 "|/home/mailman/mail/mailman mailcmd test"... unknown mailer error
6
----------
Is there a new list of flags for this program or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Matt Tourtillott

                                    Give us a call
                               Local (916) 652-7480