[Mailman-Users] Archive problem (2nd try)

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 19:56:46 CET 2002

At 11:45 26/03/2002 -0500, Tim Miller wrote:
>Got no bites on this last time I posted it.  Still need help fixing the
>problem.
>
>Pipermail (maybe?) has stopped working on one of over 500 lists on our
>server.  The messages are all there in the txt file but can't be accessed
>via the web.  Any ideas of how to bump start it again?  We are using
>Mailman 2.0.8

Without any diagnostic information or much detail about what leads you to
conclude Pipermail has stopped working its like trying to guess the lottery
numbers and I've never succeeded at that.

I guess if you looked in $prefix/archives/<listname>/ you could check the
modification times on the list's archive files and see if anything
correlates. Then maybe send a test message to the list and see what if
anything changes; like does the <currentarchivename>.txt modification time
change, has a new html file been created in the <currentarchivename>
directory, did the modification times of the thread/subject/date.html files
change.

Push becomes shove you could (maybe after a little backup) try using
$prefix/bin/arch to rebuild the archive for the list and see what output it
generates.