OFFTOPIC Re: [Mailman-Users] Archive URL in postings (2.1b3)

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Fri Nov 1 19:57:50 CET 2002

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 05:18:56 -0600
John Buttery <john at io.com> wrote:

> Well, my point was that you would get one mailing with a List-ID:
> header that you could assume was addressed to the list, but then you
> wouldn't know if that was the only posting or if you should be
> expecting another email, without a List-ID: header, as indicated by
> the presence of your personal address in the To: field.

True:

  -- In the general case the direct message would have arrived first
  (the reverse happens, if rarely).

  -- You may never have received the courtesy copy anyway -- its not
  reliable with either header form.

  -- Add just a little latency (say 20 minutes) and you can fairly
  safely assume that if you are to get both, you already have both.

--
J C Lawrence