[Mailman-Users] Re: personalization features (was Re: Archive URL in postings (2.1b3))

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Nov 6 05:39:25 CET 2002

    HK> Can this new To/Cc munging sub-option of personalisation be
    HK> enabled or disabled separately from other personalisation
    HK> tricks (like the personalised list-info URL you mentioned in
    HK> the other thread)?

    [Me]
    >> Yes, and it wouldn't be hard, although it would require yet
    >> another list configuration variable.

    >> Is it worth it for MM2.1?

    JCL> I'd sure like it, and it would speed acceptance/deployment at
    JCL> work.

I just realized it wouldn't need another configuration variable, but
just to expand the personalization variable to be 3-way.  So now you
can set it to "No", "Yes", or "Full Personalization" with the latter
meaning to also munge the To header.  Seems like a reasonable
compromise for MM2.1.

-Barry