[Mailman-Users] Ways to prevent mailman loops?

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 7 19:30:11 CET 2002

Make sure you are running the most current version of mailman.

I've seen loop problems before when there is a problem on the server.
The most notable cause is lack of disk space on a key volume, but it can
also happen if your memory is stretched too far.

If you are running an earlier version of Mailman, then it might have
been caused by a malformed (at least in Mailman's eyes) header on the
message.

Can't be much help without specifics of:
  Mailman Version
  OS it is running on
  MTA and version
  Pertinent Log file entries from both your MTA and Mailman

In your case it might also help to see if anything cropped up in the
Messages log file before or during the problem.

>From past emails to the list, (and assuming you are up to date on your
version of Mailman) I would guess that the problem is your system or its
resources.

Good Luck!