[Mailman-Users] Instaling Mailman - almost working but...

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sun Nov 10 18:43:24 CET 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 04:42, David Gordon wrote:

> ><VirtualHost mailman.mydomain1.tld>
> >ServerName mailman.mydomain1.tld
> >ServerAdmin mailman.mydomain1.tld
> >DocumentRoot /home/mailman
> >ScriptAlias /mailman/ /home/mailman/cgi-bin/
> >Alias /pipermail/ /home/mailman/archives/public/
> ></VirtualHost>
>
> I don't really understand the URLs Mailman gives in the "Your new mailing
> list" message. I can see why it's <http://mydomain1.tld/mailman/listinfo/
> test>. But thase pages don't exist on my server. Attempting to reach them
> via http://myserver.myhost.tld/mailman etc doen't work either.

Above you say that you've configured Apache properly.  But then you say
that these "pages don't exist" (they're really CGI scripts remember).
Why are you putting the ScriptAlias in a new virtual host for
mailman.mydomain1.tld instead of in the "default" host for
mydomain1.tld?  You have a direct conflict between how you've configured
mailman (for mydomain1.tld) and your configuration of Apache (for
mailman.mydomain1.tld) .

--Jeremy