[Mailman-Users] New lists do not work
ralfred at pobox.com
Fri Nov 15 16:31:51 CET 2002
We haven't made any progress on this one, so let me send it out again to
see if someone recognizes something:
I have no expertise at all in computer programming or the mailman
program. Our installation set up by a good programmer who is not too
familiar with mailman. He doesn't have the time to participate in this
list. So I'll present our problem in the language of one who doesn't
understand the technical language and I'll forward any suggestions to
Here's the situation:
1. Our mailman program was working fine for several months.
2. When some configuration changes were made to our server, sendmail
stopped woring as did the mailman forwarding capabilities. The cause was
located and corrected and all seemed to be fine. All our lists started
to work again and continue to work well. But....
3. New lists that are created do not work.
4. It is initially possible to administer the list, but when the first
message is sent, it does not forward and, after that, it is no longer
possible to access the administration page. The admin access page comes
up, you type in the password, but, then, nothing happens.
5. Also, it is not possible to delete these lists and try to create them
again with the same name.
More information about the Mailman-Users