[Mailman-Users] Qrunner error (locks, maybe?)

Victor Allen victor at squorch.com
Mon Nov 25 03:50:42 CET 2002

Background:

Debian Stable with Postfix as MTA and Apache as webserver.

After apt-get install-ing mailman, I get the following crontab error over
and over again:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/mailman/cron/qrunner", line 276, in ?
    lock.lock(timeout=0.5)
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 219, in lock
    self.__write()
  File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/LockFile.py", line 350, in __write
    fp = open(self.__tmpfname, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/var/lib/mailman/locks/qrunner.lock.crash.30060'

I really have no idea what's wrong here or how to fix it.  Any help would be
most appreciated.

 - Victor
Victor Allen
MIDN 1/c, USNR