[Mailman-Users] forcing addition of "hostile address"

Christopher Kolar ckolar at imsa.edu
Mon Nov 25 16:31:31 CET 2002

Hello.  I am trying to add a person to a mail list and having some
problems.  Their organization runs some sort of bestial mail system where
the addresses are of the form:

         schmoe.j/bhs at dns.u99.k12.il.us

When I try to drop the address in through the mass subscribe screen I get
the following message from Mailman:

         * Joe Schmoe -- Hostile address (illegal characters)

My guess is that the / is getting parsed by Mm as an attempt to reference a
file (a la majordomo).  Is there a way to force the address onto the
subscriber list?  It is an actual valid address for delivery.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher G. Kolar
    Coordinator of Information Technology Integration
    Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy
  ckolar at imsa.edu  --
<http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar>staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar --  PGP Public Key
ID: 0xC6492C72
         Information literacy news, tools, and programs:
<mailto:infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.edu>infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.<mailto:infoliteracy-subscribe at iti.cnsnet.imsa.edu>edu