[Mailman-Users] Admin links - changing email address?

Colin Mackinlay mailman-list at mackinlay.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 12 16:07:29 CEST 2002

Wnen visiting .../mailman/admin I receive, correctly, a page that gives
all the publically advertised lists for that domain i.e.
  domain1.net/mailman/admin shows the 1 list I have there
The "send questions and comments" link points correctly to
  mailman-owner at domain1.net

I have a virtual host for www.domain2.net which also gives correctly its
two public lists. The "send questions..." link points to
  mailman-owner at www.domain2.net

Clearly this page is being generated dynamically from the url used to
visit it - unfortunately this email address is wrong but I can see no
way to edit it.

The "host name this list prefers" for both my domain2.net lists is in
fact lists.domain2.net. Mailman doesn't seem to mind the difference
between the url with www.xxx and the hostname lists.xxx and produces the
list of lists ok but if questions and comments are mailed they should go
to @domain2.net ideally, or to @lists.domain2.net at least.

This must be possible becaus  http://mail.python.org/mailman/admin has
got "questions and comments to" pointing at @python.org i.e. it has
dropped the mail. in the URL when generating the address

How do you do this? I can't find anything in the docs or faq and there
doesn't seem to be a template for this page it must be created by the
cgi-bin/admin program on the fly.

--
Colin Mackinlay