[Mailman-Users] Re: Problems with mailman 2.1b3 in a production environment

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Wed Oct 16 00:52:27 CEST 2002

>>>>> "GMdS" == Gleydson Mazioli da Silva
>>>>> <gleydson.mazioli at ima.sp.gov.br> writes:

    GMdS> After updating the mailman 2.0.9 to 2.1b3, I got the
    GMdS> following problem:

    GMdS> After four days, all list messages were delivered
    GMdS> correctly. But now, no one message is delivered for list
    GMdS> members (I think normal members only). The postfix log show
    GMdS> the following message when it receives a message

    GMdS> And the processing stop at this point. No one list
    GMdS> configuration was changed and the /etc/init.d/mailman
    GMdS> process (the system runs in Debian GNU/Linux) is running to
    GMdS> deliver the messages.

Are there any stale locks in the locks directory?  Are there any
errors in the log files?  I'msure you tried restarting the qrunner
daemon, right?  Try "mailmanctl stop" followed by "mailmanctl start"
(this isn't exactly the same as "mailmanctl restart".

    GMdS> One thing: the message appear in
    GMdS> lists/list-name/digest.mbox, even if it isn't delivered.

So it's getting to the list, and it has to be being processed in the
incoming queue pipeline at least through to ToDigest.py.  That's a
good clue.  I'm betting messages are piling up in qfiles right?

-Barry