[Mailman-Users] Suspected Virus

Angel Gabriel badmangabriel at lycos.co.uk
Fri Oct 18 14:39:01 CEST 2002

Hello people. As you can see this message is posted to a few lists, I'm
sorry for cross posting, but err... umm... it saves me having to do three
emails!! Anyway, I have a machine that's running, Red Hat 7.3 (hence the red
hat list), and Mailman (hence the mailman list) and that's all. It's also
the email server for my network. I've checked the logs, and I can't see
anything suspicious..... (not that's I'd notice!) but there are times, when
the machine slows down real bad, when I'm using the web interface, seeing as
I'm on a the same subnet, I know this is not net traffic, and I'm getting a
lot of emails telling me about failed deliveries to email address I know I'm
not sending to. I get about 6 or 7 a day, and these are the FAILED ones.
Seeing as I run a mail server with mailing lists on it, the last thing I
want is a virus sending it self out to over 3k people. What I would like to
do, is setup virus protection, I'm in the process of setting it up on each
of my clients, win98, NT, 2000, I know, I know! But it would be nice to have
my Linux box protected, and my email filtered before it's received. What
steps can I take to achieve the above? Thanks people!!

***
Not everyone is touched by an Angel......and those that are, never forget
the experience.
***
If you want guest list for bare club
nights.....http://raw-talent.hopto.org/mailman/clubnights
***
Can you sing, dance, MC, DJ, do you have talent? Send an email to
sign-me at raw-talent.hopto.org
***

---