[Mailman-Users] preferred sendmail replacement? Postfix!

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Oct 22 06:02:02 CEST 2002

I don't think this will become too much of a religious war... Postfix is
easily one of the best replacements for sendmail.  A lot of popular
Linux distributions have moved over to Postfix as their MTA so look for
it to outpace Sendmail rapidly the next few years.

Of the drop-in replacements for Sendmail, Postfix is also one of the
easiest to configure and to install.  Postfix also has superior support
for virtual domains, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Others in the also ran column include: exim and qmail.  Though you have
had a bad experience with qmail.

Good Luck with Postfix!

Jon Carnes (avid Sendmail fan, but Postfix realist)
===