[Mailman-Users] Python problem with cron

David david at gof.se
Thu Sep 12 22:41:34 CEST 2002

Dear gurus,

Sorry if this is a little bit of topic, but I don't know a better place to
ask. I upgraded to Mailman 2.1b3 a week ago and run into som cron problems.
When I did the upgrade I also upgraded Python to version 2.2.1

I have a couple of cronjobs that do a backup of my listmembers and put them
on a ftp-server. One of the cronjobs looks like this:

python /home/mailman/bin/list_members -r -o /home/backup/skydivemembreg
skydive

If a run this command from the command line everything works perfect. When
cron runs the same command I get this error:

  File "/home/mailman/bin/list_members", line 79
    print >> sys.stderr, _(__doc__)
           ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

The server is a RedHat 7.1. Any clues?