[Mailman-Users] Python problem with cron

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 13 17:15:44 CEST 2002

>>>>> "david" ==   <david at gof.se> writes:

    david> Sorry if this is a little bit of topic, but I don't know a
    david> better place to ask. I upgraded to Mailman 2.1b3 a week ago
    david> and run into som cron problems.  When I did the upgrade I
    david> also upgraded Python to version 2.2.1

Did you re-run configure and make sure that you're pointing at the
Python 2.2.1 executable?  If you're not sure, rerun configure
--with-python.

    |   File "/home/mailman/bin/list_members", line 79
    |     print >> sys.stderr, _(__doc__)
    |            ^
    | SyntaxError: invalid syntax

    david> The server is a RedHat 7.1. Any clues?

You're cron scripts are pointed at an older Python, not at the 2.2.1
you upgraded to.

-Barry