[Mailman-Users] I guess it's my week for problems, sorry :(

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Aug 1 08:45:31 CEST 2003

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 04:33  am, Glenn Sieb wrote:

> Richard Barrett wrote:
>
>> I suggest you try the following procedure for the two problem list:
>
> Hey Richard... as always, I appreciate your efforts :) I did what you
> outlined, but it didn't work :(
>
>> Were you originally running a version of the htdig integration patch
> earlier than that installed by htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch? If so this may be
> the cause of problems with archived lists created under that earlier
> regime. The upgrade issue was covered in the INSTALL.htdig-mm file for
> htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch or later and I am wondering if you have tripped
> over this issue.
>
> Correct, I was running the htdig-2.1-0.1.patch.
>
> Unfortunately, now none of my searchables are working. Archiving seems
> fine, but searching any list is producing (given a blank search term):
>
> htdig Archives Access Failure
>
> CGI problem. -5-Field count -4- fields: method,format,sort,config

The error response is saying that a field in the search form that
mmsearch.py insists be present is missing.

The required fields are called: 'method', 'format', 'sort', 'config'
and 'words'.

The 'words' field appears to be missing, this being the text field in
which the words to be sought are entered on the form.

The template for the search form is in templates/en/TOC_htsearch.html.

The default value for the words field is the empty string with the tag
for the field defined as 'input type="text" size="30" name="words"
value=""'

Take a look at the HTML form definition source of a list TOC page for a
list that is suffering this problem and compare it with
templates/en/TOC_htsearch.html.

This may give some clue as to the cause of this problem.

The blow_away_htdig etc routine I described and as described in
INSTALL.htdig-mm should renew per-list search forms from the
TOC_htsearch.html template.

Let me know how you get on.