[Mailman-Users] Replaced sendmail with qmail - kaaputz

Jaswinder S. Hayre jas at nysia.org
Thu Aug 7 19:16:04 CEST 2003

Peter,

It's a FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE box.  All the necessary five processes are
running for qmail: qmail-send, splogger, qmail-lspawn, qmail-rspawn,
qmail-clean.
The aliases are setup correctly, as follows: "|preline
/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test" in .qmail-test

Yeha, I always see the mail in the admin page, but after I approve it, it
doesn't go anywhere.  And for some reason log/bounces notes all the members
as bouncing, don't know why. I don't ever see any attempts to actually
deliver the message in maillog.  It has this kind of message "Aug 07
11:57:20 2003 (16657) Test: jas at bebinary.com - 3 more allowed over 431385
secs" for all the members of the test list.  And the log/post always has
"Aug 07 11:57:20 2003 (16657) post to test from jas at lists.nysia.org,
size=141, 3 failures", notice the "failures" at the end.  It always fails. I
have not a single clue about whats going on.  I tried about 10 reinstalls.
I disabled sendmail totally.

What changes do I need to make to Mailman when I change an MTA?  I didn't
make any changes to mailman.   Maillog shows messages coming into the list
server, but never shows any messages going out after I have approved them
from the admin interface.

Jas