[Mailman-Users]HandlerAPE error: WAS :Listserv wide announcements?

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 00:30:04 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 10:35  pm, Bruce Mitzit wrote:

> Richard---
>
> You're right, thanks. I have a number of files from the old install:
>
> 	 Apr 16  2002 /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py
> 	 Dec 20  2002 /usr/local/mailman/ bin/digest_arch
> 	Dec 20  2002 /usr/local/mailman/ bin/move_list
> a bunch of cgi's,
> 	Apr 16 2002  ../cron/qrunner
>
> I removed HandlerAPI.py, renamed cron/qrunnerBU (with current date) to
> qrunner. Gave it 755 perms.
>
> This has not seemed to have calmed things down.

I know it is a bit obvious but you have used the crontab command to
double check that the old Mailman crontab is still not extant and being
executed on behalf of some user or another.

> If I wanted to do a clean install --start from scratch-- what
> directories in /usr/local/mailman/ should I keep?

If it were me trying to do what you suggest, I would;

1. rename the current /usr/local/mailman and take a backup of it

2. mkdir /usr/local/mailman

3. use mv to put /usr/local/mailman.old/lists and
/usr/local/mailman.old/archives to /usr/local/mailman

4. ./configure and make install MM 2.1.2 into /usr/local/mailman

5. crank up the new MM install per the INSTALL file

Best of luck