[Mailman-Users] Email posts get posted to the wrong list!

Richard Barrett r.barrett at ftel.co.uk
Fri Aug 15 16:44:09 CEST 2003

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 03:24  pm, Thomas Keller wrote:

> I have a similar problem if I have another mailing list on the mailing
> list as a recipient.  I.e. each site in my company has its own list
> and then I have a general list which sends to each of those lists.
> The other time I have the problem is if I send an email to a list and
> to other recipients as well, i.e. TO: list at myserver.com,
> someone at yahoo.com.
>
> I have done newalias and can only assume that it is something in
> mailman that does not like sending automatically to other lists or
> when other recipients is included in the TO: line.

Assuming MM 2.1.x

Mailman has a feature which the above comments are describing.

Take a look at the first two option fields on the Privacy->Recipients
web admin GUI page.

By default MM lists expect to be in the To: or Cc: mail header of
messages incoming to it and holds for moderation posts for which this
is not true.

You can adjust this behaviour via the GUI.

Thomas, in your case, put the higher level list in the regex for option
2 'acceptable aliases'.

MM 2.0.13 had a similar feature but I cannot remember which of the web
Admin GUI pages it was on.

But I do no think this is the same problem as was originally posted
about by Bill Knechtel.