[Mailman-Users] problem after upgrading to 2.1

Scott R. Every scott at blast.com
Wed Feb 5 17:59:34 CET 2003

After upgrading, I am now getting the following error using list_members:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./list_members", line 232, in ?
    main()
  File "./list_members", line 207, in main
    s = formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

This happens whether I use the existing config.db file or if I use
list_members from 2.0.x to dump all the users, then use add_members to add
them to a new list.  Again, list_members works as expected under 2.0.x, but
not under 2.1.  Has anyone seen this before?  Does anyone know of any
workarounds?

I need list_members to be working for arbitrary list splitting.

The list has almost 600k members which may be causing the problem, but it
worked fine in 2.0.x.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Scott R. Every   mailto:scott at blast.com
Blast Inc.       http://www.blast.com
1-800-24-BLAST   ext 543