[Mailman-Users] Assistance with umbrella lists

Andrew Kemp andrew_kemp at pacific.net.au
Thu Feb 6 00:52:17 CET 2003

Greetings,

Our organisation is migrating to Mailman from various aliases
and majordomo lists.

In an effort to ease management, I would like to set up lists
for each office and an overall list (umbrella list) to include
all the office lists. This will allow HR to easily mail the
entire company.

I have been reading the FAQ etc on umbrella lists and have
created some test lists which work fine. In the umbrella list I
have included the sub-lists as members and have also set the
umbrella list to send password reminders to '-owner'.

However, when I try to post to the umbrella list my message is
rejected to the owner of the list due to not being a member.

How can I allow all staff to post to the umbrella list without
having to subscribe them individually ? I would have assumed that
the umbrella list would have automatically included all the sub-list
members ?

Thanks.

Andrew