[Mailman-Users] Getting those pesky addresses and URLs right

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Feb 22 20:46:44 CET 2003

After much experimentation, I've discovered that the best I can do seems
to be a situation in which the list mailto addresses and URLs are
correct if I create a list with bin/newlist, but will be wrong if
created through the web interface.

I have the following settings:

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'caerllewys.net'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.caerllewys.net'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
add_virtualhost('caerllewys.net','www.caerllewys.net')
VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = 0

If I create a list with newlist, I get...
-----

  test at caerllewys.net

-----
...etc, and all the addresses and URLs in the headers are likewise
correct...
-----
        <mailto:test-request at caerllewys.net?subject=subscribe>
-----
However, if I create my list through the web interface, I get instead
something like this...
-----

  test2 at www.caerllewys.net