[Mailman-Users] List performance queries

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jul 4 07:40:46 CEST 2003

At 11:20 PM -0400 2003/07/02, J C Lawrence wrote:

>  Configurable.  I'd set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to be fairly high, tho not more
>  than 100 (see Chuq von Rospach's notes on the performance impacts and
>  implications of this setting for more typical MX distributions).

	Back in 2000, there was a fairly long thread in
mailman-developers about large lists.  Start with
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2000-May/006795.html>
and work your way through.

	There's also an interesting message from Chuq to
mailman-developers that is more directly related to this issue at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2001-June/008928.html>.
In short, he says that you probably want to set SMTP_MAX_RCPTS to be
at least 2, and beyond 5 it doesn't seem to buy a whole lot.