[Mailman-Users] So far, I'm very disappointed with Mailman

SysAdmin help at quality.org
Sat Jul 5 04:51:44 CEST 2003

I've had nothing but problems with it. Majordomo sucked, but at least it
stayed up and running. Mailman's processes are all there, but no messages
get delivered to the lists (yes, I've already gone thru the FAQ and
validated that everything is correctly configured, the cronjobs are
running, etc.), and now it's stopped subscribing new users, too. It
presents the listinfo pages correctly, appears to complete the subscribe
transaction correctly, but the address doesn't get subscribed and the
moderator/admin never gets notified to approve the request. It's like it
just vanishes into the ether. I have to manually restart Mailman at least
twice a day, just to get it to not perform correctly. I don't know what
I'd have to do t get it running right...or maybe it's not possible to ever
get it running right.

Anyone have a better mailing list tool than Mailman that you can
recommend? I'd like to have something that I don't have to babysit so
much. As much as I hate to do it, I might just have to go back to
Majordomo (it has much better documentation, too). Sigh.

Bill