[Mailman-Users] So far, I'm very disappointed with Mailman

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Jul 5 06:56:15 CEST 2003

At 7:51 PM -0700 2003/07/04, SysAdmin wrote:

>  Anyone have a better mailing list tool than Mailman that you can
>  recommend? I'd like to have something that I don't have to babysit so
>  much. As much as I hate to do it, I might just have to go back to
>  Majordomo (it has much better documentation, too). Sigh.

	I've been administering mail systems for over ten years.  I've
also been administering mailing lists for about that long.  I've used
majordomo, and we've recently upgraded to mailman 2.1.2 on the
mailing lists I'm now administering.

	I can tell you, with some authority, that mailman is many orders
of magnitude better than majordomo, with more features, and easier
and more flexible to manage, both for people who are old hands at
mailing list administration and people who have never done it before
in their life.

	I really don't want to begin to contemplate what would be
necessary for us to switch back to majordomo.

	Now, if you want to get some help with mailman, provide us more
information about your configuration and just what exactly is not
working well, and maybe we can help.  Otherwise, you're wasting your
time and ours.