[Mailman-Users] Footer message in html email

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Wed Jul 16 15:45:07 CEST 2003

JB> Regardless, I still need to figure out a way to have a personalized footer
JB> message in an HTML message. Changing the message from HTML to plain text
JB> isn't an option either.

In one of my businesses, we do attempt to attach a signature to the
end of an HTML message.  Most of the time it works just fine witho our
guess as to where to insert it.  When it fails, it fails miserably.  I
believe it has to do with how well the HTML is formed.  Here's how we
guess where to insert it:

1) look for </body> tag.  If present, insert footer HTML code just
   before it.
2) if not present, tack it on to the end of the message.

Most of the time when this fails is when someone forgets to close a
table properly.  Instead of making a nice footer, it usually ends up
starting a new column or something funky like that.

I have no clue how to make Mailman do something like this, but I can't
image it being all that hard once you figure out which function needs
to do it.