[Mailman-Users] Internal server error

Morten-Christian Bernson mailman_users_subscribed at mortencb.cx
Wed Jul 30 17:16:50 CEST 2003

I have installed Mailman 2.1.1 on a FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE machine with
Apache 1.3.27.  It's installed from ports with this line:
make MM_USERNAME=mailman MM_USERID=91 MM_GROUPNAME=mailman \
     MM_GROUPID=91 CGI_GID=80 install

This is a new server, and I moved all the files from the old server
which used 2.0.11 over to the correct location before the
installation, and it seems it converted the existing lists allright.

After the installation it seems everything works, you can mail to the
list, get replies, /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/admin as the www-user
shows correct output, and everything is sweet except it doesn't work
from the web.

I get internal server error, and the apache error-log shows this:
Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/admin

Mailman has user/group id 91, apache has user/group-id 80.

PS: httpd.conf contains these lines, and has been restarted (numerous
    times):
    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"
    Alias /pipermail/ "/usr/local/mailman/archives/public/"

I have been searhcing the mailinglist archives, googling the web and
usenet, but I can't seem to understand why this happens.

Would appreciate any help resolving this problem...

-MortenCB