[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.2, Postfix 2.0.13, virtual domains

Jim Breton jamesb-lists at alongtheway.com
Thu Jul 31 19:39:50 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I have set up the above on a FreeBSD 4.7 system with the intention of
being able to host per-virtual-domain mailing lists.

I want to be able to have:

list01 at domain1.com
and
list01 at domain2.com

as completely separate, autonomous lists.

First, is this even possible using stock Mailman?

And if so, I've been having trouble attempting to set it up.  Despite
adding virtual domains to the POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS variable in
mm_cfg.py, as well as trying to add "add_virtualhost('mail.domain2.com')
invocations to mm_cfg.py, Mailman _always_ tries to create lists in the
default domain.

Example:

$ bin/newlist virt4 at default-domain.com
... (list created)

data/virtual-mailman:

virt4 at default-domain.com              virt4
virt4-admin at default-domain.com        virt4-admin

$ bin/newlist virt4 at domain2.com
List already exists: virt4

Or, if I create the virtual one first, it creates the list in the default
domain anyway.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this impossible?  If it cannot be done
with Mailman, is there some other MLM I should be looking at?

Thanks.