[Mailman-Users] mailman becomes slow

Juan Enrique Gómez juanen at metropoli2000.com
Fri Jun 20 08:38:15 CEST 2003

El jue, 19 de 06 de 2003 a las 10:59, Ralf Hildebrandt escribió:

I am having the same problem, but it occurs (at least i think so), with
the bouncing processing. I have a list with around 140.000 subscribers,
and when a bounce is received the mailman bouncing systems, seems to
make sequential searches on this list database till it founds the
address to be bounced, and it's veeeeeeeeeeeery slow, this doesnt happen
in other lists.

I have been thinking i make sublists, and a big umbrella list, do you
think this can help?

Thanks!

> * Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard at jasongeo.com>:
>
> > Im not sure what the cause is,
> > but mailman deliveries have become really slow on my mailman server.
>
> What makes you think so?
>
> > For some reason, it may take a few hours for a mesage to be delivered
> > through a mailman mailinglist.
>
> Proof (Logs)?
>
> > I notice that when delivering mail, python eats up a lot of CPU and quite a
> > chunk of memory
>
> This doesn't seem to be normal.
> So: What has changed?
|Juan Enrique Gomez Perez
| CEO & CTO
|Metropoli2000 Networks, S.L.
| Phone: +34 914250023 Fax: +34 914250136
| email: juan.enrique.gomez at metropoli2000.com
PGP Fingerprint: 6B39 3A2B A17B 1E8E CFFD  FC14 678E 0A22 BD80 C486
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xBD80C486

If this message hasn't a correct signature please notify
it to juanen at metropoli2000.com. To get the public key please
use the above url. Thanks for your help.