[Mailman-Users] loop prevention with sendmail

Chris Bauer cbauer at mco.edu
Thu May 1 21:23:25 CEST 2003

I am trying to find some documentation on preventing mail loops with mailman running sendmail. What I'm afraid will happen is someone will set up a vacation rule that will cause a loop.

So far, all of the searching on the web I've done has turned up information about doing this with Postfix and the use of the X-Loop or X-Beenthere mail header fields. However, I tested this and is seems that the loop is not being detected. Any input or point in the right direction on how to prevent this would be greatly appreciated.