[Mailman-Users] Change the email address . . .

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun May 25 18:24:14 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-25 at 05:21, trislam at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can some one please tell me how to change the name of the mailing list.
>
> I am attempting to use mailman as a one way post to keep a large group of people current on up coming events.  I created a test list called mailinglist1 at domain.com.  The "From:" line on the email that I send out reads mailinglist1-admin at domain.com.  I am trying to change this email address to read info at domain.com.   I want to mask the "mailing list" email.  The info at domain.com is a regular email that has nothing to do with the list.  It is an email address users can send me an email apart from the list.
>
> I did change the return email address to info at domain.com but I still want to change the sending email address.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Triz

If you are using Sendmail, you can also use the Generics table to
reverse map the sending email address.

On the other hand, you can simply create the new list in Mailman and use
some of the command line features of Mailman to move the configuration
and user-list over to the new list.

  config_lists - dump out the config from a list and import it to the
other list

  list_members - dump out the member info for a list
  add_members  - input new email addresses to a list

Good Luck - Jon Carnes