[Mailman-Users] List users get a 'rejected' error, but the messages are posted

pod pod at fisica.urbenalia.com
Fri Oct 3 05:54:07 CEST 2003

Jon Carnes escribió:
> What email address did you send the message to initially?

To the post address of my (in this case,
Canalfisica at fisica.urbenalia.com). All those messages reaches the list,
but at the same time we get the error message. This seems to happens to
*all* the users of the list.

> The message indicates that you sent mail to a mailman list that you were
> not authorized to send to.

Yes, but which list? The messages are really posted to my list, and the
error comes from other direction.

> Send a note to the request address of the list and put as the subject:
> info
>   <listname>-request at fisica.urenalia.com
>
> This will send back information about the list - including it's real
> name and description.  If these don't match with *your* list, then there
> is a problem on the server with the aliases.  This is a problem that the
> admin of the server would have to fix.

I did it. I get two messages, one with the information of my list (from
Canalfisica-bounces at fisica.urbenalia.com) and one from
Mailman-bounces at es.urbenalia.com. The later message contains the
following headers:

Since es.urbenalia.com is the internal name of the main server, this
list should be created by the admin, but he said that he didn't. The
problem might be that those two list recive all the emails, so
mailman.es.urbenalia.com rejectes its copy.

If it is a problem with aliases, I don't know if the server admins knows
how to fix it. Where in the documentation is this issue explained?

> If it comes back with your list information, then the problem is with
> your configuration of the list.  Make sure that your email address is
> valid and that you have rights to post.
> Make sure you don't have any global filters that are denying folks.

Since the messages reaches the list, I think that this can't be the error.

> Good Luck - Jon Carnes

Thank you :)