[Mailman-Users] Moderated list issue

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 16:08:32 CEST 2003

On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 01:11  pm, Noah wrote:

> FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE
> OWM 2.1.1
>

> okay mailman is holding a list moderator post.
> their address is added to the moderator email list.  their email addr
> is a
> member of the list and their moderator bit is unset.
>
> here is the mailman vette error:
>
> held: Message has implicit destination

This may be because the list's email address does not appear in the To:
or Cc: header of the message. If so, it may have nothing to do with who
is sending the message.

The first two options on the Privacy->Recipient filters web admin GUI
page for the list may help you deal with this issue.

This issue sometimes arises when the mail address of the list concerned
is subscribed to another list.