[Mailman-Users] Mail not sending mail problem

Mike Alberghini sysmda at zim.gsu.edu
Mon Oct 6 17:17:56 CEST 2003

Last week I upgraded mailman from 2.1.1 to 2.1.3.  Over the weekend mailman
apparently stopped sending mail.  Sunday night it just stopped posting.
I have spent the morning fiddling around with it and here is what I know:

1.  almost 22,000 have built up in mailman/qfiles/in
2.  moving all of these out allowed mail to start flowing again
3.  my error log has countless 'lost data files for filebase' entries
4.  if I move some of the old qfiles back into mailman/qfiles/in, they
    don't get sent.

Can anyone give me an idea of how to trace down the cause of this problem?
Is there any way to get the 22,000 old qfiles sent?

--
Michael Alberghini
Software Systems Engineer
mike at gsu.edu