[Mailman-Users] Password reminders for virtual hosts...

David Pieper david at dpieper.com
Mon Oct 6 23:51:07 CEST 2003

I have a question about the monthly password reminders and virtual hosts.

How can I get the monthly password reminders to come from each virtual host?
Everything else is nicely separated. The web sites work fine. Regular
list messages work fine. It's just the password reminders that throw a
wrench in it.

 > From the FAQ:?
 >
 > 4.25. What is the purpose of the site-wide mailing list?
 >
 > The site-wide mailing list is for errors and warnings generated by
 > Mailman. It is also where password reminders appear to come from.

The problem is that the password reminders return path, message-id,
list-id, etc., have lists.domain.tld all over it, instead of having
lists.virtual-domain.tld on it. This causes a bunch of mail to come to
me, rather than to the virtual domains admin.

Is there any way to have a "virtual site-wide mailing list" so that each
host can look like they have their own Mailman installation?

I hope that all makes sense.

Enjoy,
David Pieper

--
programmer n. /pro gram er/ A device for transmuting caffeine into code.