[Mailman-Users] Not knowing what address is subscribed

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Mon Oct 13 21:12:32 CEST 2003

We're getting some people wanting to check their address in Mailman to see
how we subscribed them (we seeded lists with extracts from our main
database), and they don't know what address we used for them.

The only way I can think of is to have them type in one at a time and ask
for a password to be mailed.  But Mailman is kind of stupid and says it's
sending a password reminder to whatever address you type in, whether it's
subscribed or not.

Is there any way for a person to confirm the address they're subscribed
under?  Or for Mailman to tell them "That address is not subscribed" if
they type in one that isn't?

Allan