[Mailman-Users] Not knowing what address is subscribed

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Mon Oct 13 23:11:54 CEST 2003

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:12:32PM -0500, Allan Trick wrote:
> We're getting some people wanting to check their address in Mailman to see
> how we subscribed them (we seeded lists with extracts from our main
> database), and they don't know what address we used for them.

That's why personalization is a good idea.  For example, you'll note
that mailman-users is personalized - every message has a footer that
tells you what the address is.

> Is there any way for a person to confirm the address they're subscribed
> under?  Or for Mailman to tell them "That address is not subscribed" if
> they type in one that isn't?

The user may be able to figure it out from the headers but my guess is
that if they can't remmeber what address they used, and they forward
from address to address, they're unlikely to have the skills necessary
to look at the headers.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org