[Mailman-Users] Archiving

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 17 15:27:45 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 05:36, Geert De Pecker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list (and mailman). Just installed the mailman 2.1.3
> with the htdig extensions. Seems to work ok, but I can't find how I can
> set the archiving frequency. Should I put bin/arch in the crontab, or is
> there a setting somewhere that I forgot? I had the impression that with
> the former version I had on the machine, messages showed up in the
> archive immediately.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geert

In this version of Mailman, Archiving is a function of one of the
qrunner's controlled by Mailmanctl. It will move the messages into the
archives for you (assuming you have Archiving turned on for the list).

Arch should only be used if you want to manually re-archive a list.  I
use it mainly after hand editing the Archive Mbox file for a list.

You'll find a lot of discussion about archiving in the list Archives as
well as in the FAQ.

Good Luck.  I'm sure patience will bring all things to light.

Jon Carnes