[Mailman-Users] mailman public archive not working

Ben Edwards ben at videonetwork.org
Fri Oct 17 13:33:43 CEST 2003

Been looking at the virtual hosts stuff for mailman.  There are a couple
of things I don't get.  It seems oak.serverone (the main domain) is set up for pipermail but not
lists.serverone (the mailman one).  Should I try changing this?

Also there douse not seem to be a followsymlinks for

I'm new to apache config so any info would be usefull.

from httpd.conf:-

  <Directory /home/mailman/archives>
      Options +FollowSymlinks
#  <Directory /home/mailman/cgi-bin">
#    AllowOverride None
#    Options +ExecCGI
#    Order allow,deny
#    Allow from all
#  </Directory>

<VirtualHost oak.serverone.co.uk:80>
Include /etc/appliance/apacheconf
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/public/

# Include all the virtual host config files
Include /etc/httpd/conf/virtual
DocumentRoot /home/serverone.co.uk/www
ServerName www.serverone.co.uk
ServerAlias serverone.co.uk
DocumentRoot "/home/serverone.co.uk/lists"
ServerName lists.serverone.co.uk
ScriptAlias /mailman /usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/
Alias /pipermail/ /usr/local/mailman/archives/

* Ben Edwards           Tel +44 (0)1179 553 551  ICQ 42000477  *
* Homepage - nothing of interest here   http://gurtlush.org.uk *
* Webhosting for the masses         http://www.serverone.co.uk *
* Critical Site Builder    http://www.criticaldistribution.com *
* online collaborative web authoring content management system *
* Get alt news/views films online   http://www.cultureshop.org *
* i-Contact Progressive Video      http://www.videonetwork.org *
* Fun corporate graphics             http://www.subvertise.org *
* Bristol Indymedia               http://bristol.indymedia.org *