[Mailman-Users] mailing through the relay

Konstantin Ovchinnikov konstant at rbcmail.ru
Sun Oct 19 17:35:18 CEST 2003

Hello, all.

I've installed Mailman 2.1.3 on RedHat 9 from the source, web-interface is
working normally, but mail is not delivered.

The peculiarity of situation is that the host foo.bar.com, which runs Mailman,
as all the other hosts in bar.com deliver mail through the smart relay. For
security reasons we can't allow any host in our domain to deliver mail
directly.

Sendmail on foo.bar.com was up and running. When we say from this host, for
example:
[root at foo.bar.com] # sendmail example at exaple.com

Hello everybody
^D

The mail is sent normally. We check example at example.com and get our mail.

We added the following into Mailman/mm_cfg.py:
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'Sendmail'
SENDMAIL_CMD = '/usr/sbin/sendmail'

For example, we try to subscribe through the web-interface. Mailman wants to
send us confirmation letter, but it does it DIRECTLY (not through relay), and
I don't know, what it does with Sendmail. So, Sendmail can't deliver mail,
Sendmail just queues it.

If Mailman did what is written in Mailman/Handlers/Sendmail.py:
cmd = mm_cfg.SENDMAIL_CMD + ' -f ' + mlist.GetBouncesEmail() + ' '

everything would work normally, but it DOES NOT!

The second question is what we have to do when we change Mailman/mm_cfg.py:
nothing or we have to rerun config_list?

--
Kostya.