[Mailman-Users] Multilingual chinese support

Jeff Warrington jeff at qoolio.org
Tue Oct 21 21:40:42 CEST 2003

I am looking to put together a mailing list for students
learning mandarin and wanted to use Mailman. From what I've
read, it would seem that Mailman is able to pass on email
with multibyte characters in it okay. What I am wondering
is if it's possible for the pipermail archiver to create
the HTML messages with the multibyte characters intact.
In my testing, the archive pages do not contain the multibyte
characters in the original messages.

I am running mailman 2.1.3 on Debian testing. I have already
installed the python2.3 CJK codecs package as well.

I have searched through the archives and only found a few
comments here and there with no definative answers.

thanks in advance,
Jeff

--
 jeff at qoolio.org <-> jeff at teamshred.com <-> blaze at teamshred.com
  .   .
   \ /  "God is real... unless declared an integer"
   . .
  '---'