[Mailman-Users] Can Nonmember Postings Be Allowed?

novitz at nyc.rr.com novitz at nyc.rr.com
Tue Oct 21 22:12:07 CEST 2003

Hi.  I apologize in advance--I'm usually someone who would dig right in and figure out how to do this myself, but I'm a bit time constrained right now (who isn't?) and I'm hoping to use the list's aggregated knowledge to my benefit.

Here's the question:

I want to create a mailing list (say, "[reminders]") for the purpose of sending mail to both myself and my wife, so that we're both aware of things that need to be done.  For example, our car dealer can send emails telling us when we need to have scheduled service.  I want both my wife and I to get the mail so that one of us will catch it and act on it, just in case it "blows by" one of us.  In such a case, I don't know the email address that the announcement will come from, nor do I want or need to know it--but I want to register the address that this entity will send to as "reminders at mysite.org" (my mailing list address), and I want to allow that sender (an address I do not know) to post to the list.

Can this be done?  and with what settings?

Any help would be much appreciated.

-- Mark