[Mailman-Users] sitelist?

Mon Oct 27 23:34:58 CET 2003

Hi folks,

     I'm running debian woody, postfix, and mailman.

     I just upgraded from 2.0.x to 2.1.3-1.

     Mailman is now telling me it needs a sitelist before it will
start.  I can't find much about sitelist, other than the mentions of
it in the mailman 2.1.2 release notes and an occasional reference to
reconfiguring all of the mailing lists using config_list.  The
python.org mailman faq gives me no hits on "sitelist".

     It appears that all I have to do is:

1) Create a vanilla mailing list named "mailman":
     do: newlist mailman
     paste the aliases into /etc/aliases
     do: newaliases

2) do: config_list -i /var/lib/mailman/data/sitelist.cfg mailman

3) restart mailman;  on debian, do so with:
     do: /etc/init.d/mailman restart

     Now, this *appears* to have fixed things, mail to the various
lists is going out, the various message waiting in the queue went, as
did the test I just sent.  But is it really fixed, or do I need to do
anything else?

--
Steven J. Owens
puff at darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell / (412) 578-9817 house