[Mailman-Users] Question on digest headers

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Fri Oct 31 15:30:29 CET 2003

I'm using Mailman 2.1.2 on FreeBSD v4.8-Release, built using the port. MTA
is sendmail 8.12.8p1

I was using a previous release of mailman, v2.0.x. I built a new machine to
run 2.1.2 on and did a fresh mailman install, then just moved the lists and
archives from the old machine to the new machine. All appears to be well
(except see previous post ;) ).

Some of my subscribers noticed that the headers on the digest changed from
the old release to the new release. Specifically, on the older version of
mailman, the digest header or subject said how many messages were in that
digest. The new version of mailman, the digest just says volume number
basically. It doesn't say how many messages are in the digest - something my
users apparently would really like to see back again. Can someone point me
in the right direction as to how to add this back in?

Thanks!

Jay West

---