[Mailman-Users] Error with qrunner

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 16:32:59 CEST 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 02:36  pm, Patrick Atlas wrote:

> I don't usually use cvs but I assume that :
>
>          refused = e.recipients
>      # MTA not responding, or other socket problems, or any other kind
> of
>      # SMTPException.  In that case, nothing got delivered
> -    except (socket.error, smtplib.SMTPException), e:
> +    except (socket.error, smtplib.SMTPException, IOError), e:
>          # BAW: should this be configurable?
>          syslog('smtp', 'All recipients refused: %s', e)
>          # If the exception had an associated error code, use it,
> otherwise,
>
> means that I must write this piece of code:
>
>          refused = e.recipients
>      # MTA not responding, or other socket problems, or any other kind
> of
>      # SMTPException.  In that case, nothing got delivered
>         except (socket.error, smtplib.SMTPException, IOError), e:
>          # BAW: should this be configurable?
>          syslog('smtp', 'All recipients refused: %s', e)
>          # If the exception had an associated error code, use it,
> otherwise,
>
> If so, I already have this code written in
> mailman/Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py
>
> Any other idea?

I guess that Barry's palliative patch for the error was folded into the
stable release. But as he said, it was not intended to cure the
underlying problem, just mitigate its effects.

 From a quick look at the other hits returned from the searchable
archives it appears the original poster of the problem had to make some
changes to his sendmail installation to effect a cure.

Whether that is your problem or not, if you repost identifying which
MTA you use and some detail about your installation setup, some list
denizen might be able to help identify the problem you have.