[Mailman-Users] Not all mail getting delivered

Thomas Hochstein ml at ancalagon.inka.de
Fri Apr 9 11:45:04 CEST 2004

Ryan Verner schrieb:

> Apr  9 09:59:54 server postfix/smtpd[28145]: too many errors after RCPT
> from
> server[127.0.0.1]
> Apr  9 09:59:54 server postfix/smtpd[28145]: disconnect from
> server[127.0.0.1]

That seems to be a message from postfix, the MTA, which is
disconnecting because to many recipient users do not exist any more. I
never used postfix myself, so I can't say any more to that.

> I've insisted the guy should go in and manually clean up the subscriber
> list, but he says majordomo handled this fine, and so should mailman.
> (I thought mailman did?).

Mailman is just delivering mail to all users on the list ...

> The MTA used locally is postfix.  I've tried tweaking various things in
> it, such as disabling the guy's super paranoid anti-spam stuff [which
> was causing some issues, but not this], but to no avail.

The only thing that makes sense is to clean up the subscriber
databases. If one does not like to do that, one will have to
reconfigure postfix.

-thh